Saturday, April 13, 2013

You're So Fresh 2 Death and Sick as Ca-Cancer

I fancy myself a survivor of sorts.
I have beaten various types of cancer: breast, colon, finger, brain, throat, mouth, skin, blood... prostate (yes, I defied all odds!) So maybe these people that we call "doctors" did not formerly diagnose me with said ailments but as far as I am concerned my struggles have been real. You do not even WANT to know the things I would do to get my hands on a few rounds of chemotherapy. Unspeakable, unspeakable things.
...not to mention my scares with a plethora of other life-threatening beasts. I have had brushes with ALS, MS, Meningitis, Tetanus and...the worst, the disease that forced me to re-evaluate my life, the choices I have made and ultimately changed who I am as like... a human being and shit: Rabies. Such an obstacle to overcome, but dammit, I did it. I have wiped the foam from my mouth and lived to tell the tale... tales... of my pain.

The life of an hypochondriac is a complicated one indeed. Think about it like this: just because you are a "hypochondriac" does not necessarily mean you do not have these life-threatening diseases. In fact, if you are not a proactive hypochondriac, and do not ignore these people who insist there is nothing wrong with you despite WEBMd's careful analysis of your symptoms, you will fall victim to their brainwash and NEVER get your symptoms checked out!! THEY'RE NOT LISTENING TO US!!
Listen to me carefully: you are dying, and don't you EVER let ANYONE convince you otherwise. If you have a sore throat do not assume it is a cold. You are probably dying of throat cancer. Stiff neck? You are on the verge of meningitis. Headache? You have probably fallen victim to a brain-eating amoeba (say your final good byes, give your dog one last pet and give your bottom bitch one last boning).
Then kiss your life goodbye.

Two years ago when I was in the midst of my battle with rabies, I brought my ass to the doctor. I was convinced that a red mark on my leg was a bat bite. I had spent days before searching high and low in my house for evidence of this supposed bat, but I never found the phantom creature. But still, I thought, this IS a bat bite and therefore rabies is inevitable. My physician looked at the bite, sat down and stared at me perplexed. "You didn't find a bat in your house?" "No..." "You don't remember being in contact with a bat?" "No, but I looked up on google images what a bat bite looks like and this looks about right." All I left the doctor's office with that day was a phone number...of a psychiatrist.
The clincher? My physician quit the job weeks later. Coincidence or not? I guess my possible bout with rabies forced her to give up the one hundred years she spent in medical school. I would like to believe that only I  have the power to bring someone to that breaking point. I'm a little ashamed... but mostly proud.

What's more, she definitely forced me to re-evaluate my life as a hypochondriac. I was almost ready to give up on all of the diseases that I was convinced that I had.
...but no, as a good biddy should, I stayed the course. I kept my eye on the prize. You should never give up on your dreams. "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars," is what was written on my third grade classroom wall. That always stuck with me, only in this specific case though. Everything else in my life I pretty much gave up after the first try (soccer, dancing, field hockey, school).

One colonoscopy, 3 ultrasounds, 5 EKGs, 2 heart monitors, one foot exam, 10 spinal exams,  one spinal tap, 3 MRIs, 5 pap smears, 20 blood tests and 3 urine samples later I got (some of) what I was looking for.

My Diagnoses

-Flat feet
-Factor V Liden Gene Mutation
-Unidentified heart murmur
-Scoliosis
-Vitamin E Deficiency

I will never stop searching. An endless seeker of maladies, if you will.

A special shout out to my main hypochondriac biddy: Stephanie Spencer. She is a dedicated pioneer to our movement to say the least #besties.

XOXO,
Jules

P.S. The first step of Hypochondriacs Anonymous is admitting you don't have a problem

... and I NEVER will.

2 comments:


  1. Colorectal cancer, cancer of the large intestine, is the fourth most common cancer in North America. Many cases of colorectal cancer are associated with low levels of physical activity and with diets that are low in fruits and vegetables. Individuals with a family history of the disease have a higher risk. I crumble with this disease for 5 years also with a lot of scaring thought in my head because i was just waiting for death every day of my life until My Son came to me in the hospital explaining to me that he has find a herbal healer from Nigeria to cure my Colo-Rectal Cancer,I was so shocked with the ideal also i was excited inside of me.My son asked me to let us give him a try because we have really heard a lot of scammer pretending to cure all sort of diseases with herbal medicine and some of them never get a positive result at the end of it all but we was very confident on this herbal doctor,like i said we give him a try and he sent me a herbal medicine to drink for three weeks, Sincerely I'm telling you today I' alive and healthy no more laying on sick bed,No more Colo-Rectal Cancer.I'm sharing this testimony on here for people who are sick to contact this Wonderful man,His name is Dr Itua.And His contact Whatsapp_+2348149277967____Email...info@drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.
    He can cure those diseases like:
    Bladder cancer
    Breast cancer
    Colorectal cancer
    Kidney cancer
    Leukemia
    Lung cancer
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
    Prostate cancer
    Skin cancer
    Uterine cancer
    Hiv/Aids
    Herpes
    Hepatits
    Love Spell
    Diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Health wise, I feel like a child dancing in the rain ever since I got cured of hepatitis. I was diagnosed of HEPATITIS B and I was told it has no cure at the hospital, but I was given several antiviral medications to slow the virus’s ability to damage liver. But after sometime the medicine wasn't working and I became very sick with different symptoms like: vomiting, fatigue, dark urine, swollen stomach and so on. I went back to the hospital and I was told it has become chronic with liver problem, and out of frustration I went online to search for something new to try, and I came across Dr. IYABIYE's recommendation, I gave it a try hence it's a herbal medicine. And behold, I was cured after the treatment. I have to wait for months then went back to the hospital and still I was tested negative. You too will be cured. Contact: (Whatsapp: +2348072229413 or +2348158577300) iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete